Monday, September 14, 2009

THE SUPERNATURAL FAVOUR OF GOD

I’ve been meditating on the favour of God a little while now, ever since I was recently told about Psalm 5:12. It’s an interesting verse of scripture. I thought I would go back and look at God’s favour again.

“For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround themwith your favor as with a shield.”

I did a short study on the word, shield, and got some interesting results. I’m constantly amazed at how rich the original languages of the Bible are. There is such depth, and God is truly in the detail. So what did I find?According to Strong’s Concordance (because I don’t know Hebrew yet), the word, shield (tsinnah:H6793), can be translated as a hook, also as a large shield guarding as if by prickliness. I was thinking to myself, do I have prickly favour surrounding me? And then it struck me, VELCRO!!!Everyone has seen velcro unless you’ve been living under a rock. The prickly part of velcro is made up of tiny little hooks.

People favour me because God’s favour has hooked them in. They’re stuck. I like this because it’s an active form of favour. It’s almost like an offensive weapon. You’re not sitting back passively protecting yourself you can run that shield into people and hook them.So what is God’s favour?It’s God’s approval, it’s a debt satisfied, it’s preferential treatment, it’s to be pardoned, it’s to be reconciled, to be pleased with. All I need to do is just accept it, God offered it to me.

Think about it… if I have a debt… God’s favour to me is that debt satisfied. I just receive it. If I need to get something done… God’s favour to me is preferential treatment. If I did something wrong… God’s favour to me is to be pardoned.When you really think about it fully it’s another facet of salvation and wholeness, but that is another study.....

No comments:

Post a Comment